SQLite is a relational database management system contained in a small C programming library. It is being used by many developers. Its small size and easy of use makes it a good choice for data storage and management.
You can create and manage sqlite database programatically inside your app. Or you can use the sqlite command line tool. The current version being used is sqlite3.
To Manage the sqlite database on your Desktop, you can use SQLite Database Browser, a freeware tool to create, design and edit sqlite database files. Its shows data in a spreadsheet like interface. You can do operations on your database without the need to learn complicated sql commands.
Its a very light-weight and simple tool. A must have if you are working with sqlite. And much useful when you need to verify any database changes.
Its available for Mac, Windows and Linux.
- Create and compact database files
- Create, define, modify and delete tables
- Create, define and delete indexes
- Browse, edit, add and delete records
- Search records
- Import and export records as text
- Import and export tables from/to CSV files
- Import and export databases from/to SQL dump files
- Issue SQL queries and inspect the results
- Examine a log of all SQL commands issued by the application